FireCooker Forums

2 of 2

OK Guys, your opinion is needed.

Posted: 07 June 2009 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2009-05-31

Holy crows do I know the men “watch the food”! My son, all 6’5” of him is leaning over my shoulder: “Is it done yet? That one looks done, turn that one over…” When I offer him the spatula he steps back real quick! “I like them the way my mama makes them”, he says, all wide-eyed. He’s been doing this since he could crawl,  tugging at my apron, “Num, mama, num!” he could say at five months old…he’s still saying it, just using more words!

Posted: 08 June 2009 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2009-06-02
heretoday - 07 June 2009 11:31 PM

Holy crows do I know the men “watch the food”! My son, all 6’5” of him is leaning over my shoulder: “Is it done yet? That one looks done, turn that one over…” When I offer him the spatula he steps back real quick! “I like them the way my mama makes them”, he says, all wide-eyed. He’s been doing this since he could crawl,  tugging at my apron, “Num, mama, num!” he could say at five months old…he’s still saying it, just using more words!

Hehe Cute!  “But who will help me MAKE the bread” said Little Red Hen.  But when it’s time to EAT, all manner
of family members come out of the woodwook.  (Or put the remote down har har)

Posted: 08 June 2009 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2009-06-02

I don’t think I have ever been to a BBQ where the cook wore an apron with a saying on it. If they did, I must have missed it.

Posted: 08 June 2009 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-31
Katharina - 08 June 2009 09:06 AM
heretoday - 07 June 2009 11:31 PM

Hehe Cute!  “But who will help me MAKE the bread” said Little Red Hen.  But when it’s time to EAT, all manner
of family members come out of the woodwook.  (Or put the remote down har har)

Do you know, I had a “Little Red Hen” book when I was a girl, with really Victorian illustrations (I remember the picture of all the animals crying when they didn’t get any bread)!  BUT, silly me, I never bought that book for my kids. What an object lesson that would have been for Sonny-boy!!

Posted: 09 June 2009 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2009-06-02
heretoday - 08 June 2009 01:19 PM

Do you know, I had a “Little Red Hen” book when I was a girl, with really Victorian illustrations (I remember the picture of all the animals crying when they didn’t get any bread)!  BUT, silly me, I never bought that book for my kids. What an object lesson that would have been for Sonny-boy!!

I’ve used the lesson with my daughter numerous times over the years.  grin  It’s probably not to late
to look for a copy on eBay and gift it to your adult son and maybe he’ll catch the irony.  grin

Posted: 09 June 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-31

You know, his birthday is coming up, I think I’ll look for that to gift him with!
I’m remembering the large picture our daughter found in a magazine of a baby bird with his mouth wide open. We taped it to my son’s bedroom door, with his “num” word he was using at the time, GRUB! as the caption. We thought he’d take it down, but he kept it up on his door until the day we moved.

Posted: 27 April 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-27

I like this very much .

Posted: 27 April 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-27

I like this very much ...

2 of 2