FireCooker Forums

Recommendations for best grill?

Posted: 17 June 2009 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-06-17

So i’ll be living in a house my senior year of college. Weather is pretty good for most of the school year so grilling outside is necessary. i’m pretty new to the world of grilling and wanted to know whats the best grill to get for a college guy like me? i’m looking for something not to expensive and for beginners. Any help would be awesome!

Posted: 18 June 2009 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-06-13

Your best bet would be a medium sized, but inexpensive, grill.

Charcoal grills are usually cheaper than propane fueled, and probably more fun.  Instead of using starter fluid, use those charcoal briquettes that already have accelerant in them, and light using old newspaper.

Another option would be to cut an old steel drum in half, hinge the halves together, and make a grill to fit.  Of course, this would be best if you plan to barbecue for more than 5 people!

Posted: 22 June 2009 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-06-17

Thanks for the reply SageMother. I think i’ll go with the charcoal grill. Where’s the best place to get a charcoal grill like the one posted a picture of? Home Depot? Lowes?

Posted: 23 June 2009 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-06-13
epsteinm - 22 June 2009 11:25 AM

Thanks for the reply SageMother. I think i’ll go with the charcoal grill. Where’s the best place to get a charcoal grill like the one posted a picture of? Home Depot? Lowes?

I am a die hard Home Depot fan, but have never priced their smaller grills.

I’d start there, though, mainly because there aren’t sales people hanging around trying to talk you into a sale, or interrupting your train of thought, and you can spend plenty of time standing by a grill and visualizing yourself using it.

LOL!

Posted: 14 September 2009 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-14

I have to disagree with Sagemother and suggest you get the charcoal grill but instead of using using briquettes with the fuel in them that you use a chimney starter where you just stuff some newspaper and use hardwood charcoal. Smells better and is safer all at the same time.

Posted: 15 September 2009 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-09-15

I would check out Craigslist or your local freecycle.  College students shouldn’t pay full price for new stuff!  Unless they’re investing in, say, a big green egg or something.

(We recently bought a 2nd large bge and my college senior said he’d be happy to take it off our hands since we had two.  LOL As if!)

Posted: 15 September 2009 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-09-15

Home Depot has one for $50.00 called the Aussie.  It’s collapsable and cooks well once you learn how to use it.

Best
Z

Posted: 11 December 2011 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-11

I like to eat grill. Grill with sauce is very testy. It is one of my favorite food.

Posted: 11 December 2011 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2011-11-12

UGG boots Ugg Boots UK can in fact end up being put on in any environment and any kind of climate. Therefore really feel free to put on your UGG boots with any organization and in any climate, and really feel convinced in Ugg Boots knowning they¡¯re great for your health and absorbing, as well! They are so soft that you can wear UGG classic short for all day without hurting your feet. They are the most comfortable short boots you Cheap Uggs have ever harassed.

The EVA outsole offers Cheap Ugg Boots lightweight, warmth, comfort and cushion. They are highly light and therefore you won¡¯t even feel burden on you feet. They can be worn in cold weather but they are not snow boots but are perfect for the cold weather. These are best when it comes to style and Ugg Boots Sale comfort. The Shorter height of this boot fits beautifully under or over britches so now you can look great by wearing Ugg Boots Cheap them with you leather jeans or short skirts.

Women are seeking Uggs UK for both style and character nowadays. Especially in winter, heavy dress is not the favor for ladies taste. Women considered to discover a way of wearing much less but retain warm. So thermal underwear, Ugg Boots UK boots pants are very best sales in the market. Nonetheless, with a shoe that can retain our foot warm, how ladies can be so stylish? The important function of UGG boots is http://www.uggslover.co.uk/ prominent.
As opposed to other boots, UGG boots is the warmest boot in the market. It is made of sheepskin and thicker design with wool which make it achievable to keep the feet warm. Also the knee design has matched snow weather in Nordic or cold countries so that girls can straightforward preserve warm from foot to whole physique. The first UGG boots was ugly, from lengthy improvement, men and women turned to accept this ugly boots and trade it as style. With the stylish appearance, UGG boots are more and more well-liked nowadays.

mnbvcxz3313