Creole Butter Turkey
Creole Butter Turkey On The Grill for Firecooker.com
From: Marshall — November 22, 2009
1 twelve pound turkey, fully defrosted
1 jar Cajun Injector Creole Butter
Salt and pepper or Cajun Injector Cajun Shake
1 medium onion, quartered
1 medium apple quartered
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and use them to make gravy if desired.
- Cover the turkey loosely with plastic wrap.
- Inject the turkey with the whole jar of Creole Butter in a grid fashion, shooting a small amount every couple inches, all over the turkey.
- Remove the plastic wrap and season the turkey all over, inside and out with the salt and pepper or Cajun Shake.
- Put the onion and apple into the cavity.
- Tuck the wing tips underneath the turkey.
- Prepare the grill to cook indirect at °325 using a small amount of apple wood for smoking.
- Place the turkey directly on the cooking grate.
- Cook until the internal temp of the breast reaches °160 and the thighs reach °180.
- This will take 3-4 hours depending on your grill.
- Transfer to a platter, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.