Traditional Korean BBQ - Grandma's Secret Recipe!
From: CarolynChinchilla — June 25, 2009
2 cups water
2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
2 cups sugar
6 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons sesame seed oil
3 tablespoons black pepper
1 white onion, grated
1. Cut Short Ribs or Flank Steak lengthwise.
2. Grate white onion into a non-metallic bowl after peeling and mix with water, soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, sesame seed oil and black pepper to make marinade.
3. Place meat in marinade, turning to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or longer, turning frequently. The longer you marinade the more intense the flavor will be. It’s a wonderful flavor so try 24 hours!
4. After marinating, drain and discard liquid and pat the meat dry.
5. Heat grill or skillet to HIGH. Since the meat is a thin cut, it will only take a few minutes on each side to cook.
6. Serve with grilled onions and white rice.