Neelys BBQ Pizza
I tried this recipe the other day and its DA BOMB! This recipe is courtesy Foodtv.com via The Neelys.
From: nadjah — May 2, 2009
* 1 package active dry yeast
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 105 to 115 degrees F)
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt
* 3 1/2 cups bread flour
* All-purpose flour, for surface
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, for saute
* 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
* 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, sliced
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing
* 1 cup Neelys BBQ Ranch Dipping sauce, recipe follows
* 2 cups cooked pulled pork, beef or chicken
* 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella
* 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Place the yeast, warm water and honey in a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Add the olive oil and salt, stir to combine.
Add the flour to the bowl of a standing mixer with a dough hook. Add the water, olive oil, salt and honey mixture. Mix on low for roughly three minutes, then increase to a medium speed and knead until the dough is elastic and starts to come away from the sides of the bowl, roughly 3 minutes. The dough should be smooth and firm. Ball up the dough and place in a large lightly oiled glass bowl. Flip to cover both sides of the dough with oil. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm draft free area for 2 hours, until roughly doubled in bulk.
Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces, smooth into a ball and let rest for 20 more minutes before cooking.
For the pizza:
Preheat grill to high heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute onion, green bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper until tender; about 3 minutes. Remove to a glass bowl.
Flour work surface and roll out pizza dough into 4 (6-inch) circles, and 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. Brush with olive oil and place on grill. Grill for about 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for 1 more minute. Remove to a sheet tray and grill off the other dough balls, if using. Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce evenly on each pizza. Add 1/2 cup of chopped pork and top with a quarter of the sauteed vegetables. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Repeat. Bake the pizzas in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
BBQ Ranch Dipping Sauce:
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1 teaspoons Neelys BBQ seasoning, recipe follows
* 2 tablespoons Neelys BBQ sauce, recipe follows
* 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
* 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
* 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1 clove garlic, minced
Mix in all the ingredients until smooth. Cover and chill for one hour to meld the flavors.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Neelys BBQ Seasoning:
* 1 1/2 cups paprika
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Neelys BBQ Sauce
* 2 cups ketchup
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
* 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
* 5 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
* 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
* 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.